Autonomous Connected Car with Holistic User Interaction
WIGO – 3D-Printed Autonomous Vehicle Made in UAE
WIGO is designed, 3D printed and assembled by DigiRobotics in Dubai, UAE. It is the first luxury 3D printed autonomous car made that is equipped with advanced sensors for robust mapping, collusions avoidance and natural navigating.
Following the initiatives of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to implement 25% of self-driving vehicles by 2030, we at Digi Robotics are pleased to introduce latest innovations in AGV’s industry by creating first 3d-printed AGV made in Dubai.
WIGO has collisions avoidance and natural navigation system enabled through natural language processing for an immersive interaction with users.
- WIGO is built based on the popularity of electric engines, which is best fit for smart cities, university campuses as well as indoor and outdoor private premises.
- WIGO is a connected-car that communicates and interacts with its’ users via a mobile app.
- An environmentally and friendly autonomous car with real-time mapping and natural localisation.
DGR-VS (Vision System)
The DGR-VS has multiple tasks in an autonomous driven vehicle and will be mainly used for the Traffic Management and to verify information from the DGR-NS and the DGR-CAS. Additional it will provide also the Video Signal for the DGR-RCD (Remote Control Desk) and will give the remote Operator a complete surround view of the vehicle. As we are using the DGR-SF (Sensor Fusion) in this case, the cameras of other systems can be also used here.
The DGR-VS does the following Task:
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) module uses the information from the lane detection module, to estimate if the vehicle is about to cross the lane boundary within the next few tenths of a second. On switching lanes, a warning is issued. The warning mechanism can be tuned for sensitivity – for example, the system can be set to warn only when the vehicle is crossing the lane marking, or give an early warning, before lane markings are crossed.
– Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) is a support function which can be used to notify and warn the ITV which restrictions may be effective on the current stretch of road. Examples for such regulations are ‘speed limit zones’ or ‘no-overtaking’ indications. The system will hand over the information to the Navigation Core. The system recognizes and interprets various traffic signs, both fixed signs on the road side and variable LED signs overhead, by using vision-only information.
DGR-DRS (Digital Radio System)
Our DGR-DRS was designed to provide the range and signal integrity of an Analog system while achieving bi-directional TCP/IP communication. With a digital system, it could not be easier to set up a mesh network and control the vehicle for miles.
DGR-NS (Navigation System)
The DGR-NS is based on the newest state-of-the-art LIDAR Sensor Technology, to calculate the real position of the ITV without the need to integrate artificial markings (Reflectors, Transponders…) in the Sea Port Terminal. A Sensor Fusion ECU (high-performance embedded PC), especially designed for use in rough outdoor applications, equipped with our DGR-NS Software, will collect all Sensor Data, the Odometry Data and the information from all other Systems and Sensors (Sensor Fusion).
This DGR-NS will have the following core functions:
- Path planning
- Object recognition and tracking
- 3D Sensor Interface with Sensor Fusion
By optimized integration of the LIDAR´s in the ITV, we will achieve a full 360° coverage around the ITV and the Trailer. The Position Accuracy will not exceed +/- 50mm.
DGR-CAS (Collision Avoidance System)
The DGR-CAS ensures, that the ITV will not collide with other AGVs, OTR´s or any other vehicle or human being in the Terminal. By using Medium and Short Range Radar (MRR/SRR) Systems and a Vision based obstacle detection we can guarantee the safety in any case of operation. The DGR-RADAR System oﬀers the following functions:
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Rear Cross Traﬃc Detection (RCTA)
- Pre-Crash Detection
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Forward / Side / Rear Collision Warning
Automotive (Radio Detection and Ranging) RADAR sensors helps in the object tracking and classification, having up to 500m range, up to 100° field of view. They measure position and speed vectors of multiple reflectors simultaneously, with high accuracy, within short measurement time. Additional we have integrated a Vision-based collision avoidance System, to avoid any blind spot around the vehicle. All Sensor information will be send to the DGR-NS Core and there it will be processed and combined with all other System / Sensor information (Sensor Fusion).
Pre-controlled areas like malls, airports, communities, public predefined paths.
One of key advantages DigiRobotics’ offer to its customers is to create and 3d-print any shape of a car and implement all AGV’s green eco-friendly technology to new generation of driverless vehicles.